Coaching Philosophy

As a cycling coach my objective is to work with the individual athlete to determine realistic goals and to apply the optimum training in order to realize those goals.

I believe athletes are competitive, either with themselves, others, or both. A manifestation of that competitiveness is the desire to improve. As a coach I will provide training and competition knowledge that would otherwise require years of experience and study to acquire.

I will provide an individualized, adaptable, measured, assessed and reassessed training experience. An experience that fits within the stress and time constraints that each of us has. I will help the athlete get the highest quality training given the quantity of time they have.

Together, coach and athlete, we will define and reach the individual athlete's goals.

Sincerely,
Casey Lamers
USA Cycling Coach

Saturday, October 25, 2008

My Athletes

I offer my athletes personalized cycling training to help them participate, complete and compete in cycling and triathlon. Whether the desire is to ride well with your friends on the weekend or to be competitive in your age group or overall, I help my athletes reach their goals.

I provide access to technical information, a scientific approach, proven training techniques, accountability, an objective opinion, motivation and experience. I use these tools to excite, inspire and build confidence in my athletes which allows them to reach their goals.

I realize that each athlete must balance training and competing with the rest of their life. I provide the highest quality of training within the individual athlete's constraints. The process of determining the highest quality training is ongoing and requires constant analysis and communication.

No comments: